|Damn, they dumped the whole Oedipus Rex thing and I
was really liking
it. There were so many clues and similarities.
I really like this
storyline and was hoping they would continue with it.
But alas, Cordie has
gone back to Angel. Which I find much less
- The song Cordy sang for Lorne she also sang in
the talent show in
BtVS's The Puppet Show which included a scene from
- Oedipus's parents attempt to kill him.
Angel's actions almost
result in Connor being killed.
- There was a prophecy that Oedipus would kill his
father and marry
his mother. This prophecy resulted in Oedipus ending
up in another
country being raised by foster parents.
There was a prophecy that
Angel would kill his son that resulted in Connor
being taken to another
dimension and raised by a foster parent.
- Baby Oedipus's parents send him to be killed but
instead he ends up
in a different country where he becomes the
Baby Connor is
taken by Holtz but instead of killing him he takes
him to a dimension
where he excels and becomes "The Destroyer".
- The first time Oedipus meets his real father he
fights and tries to
kill him (actually he does kill him).
The first time Connor meets
his real father he fights and tries to kill him.
- Oedipus is raised by foster parents.
Connor is raised by a
- Oedipus meets and weds his real mother.
dead but it looked like Connor would enter into a
relationship with his
surrogate mother and father's putative consort.
- Teiresias, the blind seer, refuses to tell
Oedipus what he knows but
when repeatedly prodded predicts a disastrous
seer, refuses to tell what Angel knows but when
predicts a disastrous future.
- Oedipus Rex ends with Oedipus poking his eyes
to poke Connor's eyes out in Deep Down.
seems to be a breast man. The copping a feel last week
and the staring at
the boobs this week.
And he certainly has his father's bad